After losing another special election that party leaders had hoped would signal a rebuke of the Trump presidency, Democrats on Wednesday cast about for someone or something to blame: from Nancy Pelosi, the leader of the House Democrats, to ill-managed campaigns to candidates who were too liberal — or not liberal enough.
More Top News
- Senate Republicans may need Trump’s help to prevent defections on health care bill
- Assaults on Border Patrol agents surge as immigration debate heats up
- Who needs Paris? U.S. is well on its way to lower emissions with economic, technological changes
- Egypt’s Coptic Christians question whether el-Sissi alliance can protect them from terror
- Trump’s trade chief promises tougher enforcement, but offers no deadline for new NAFTA deal