Bitter memories from the last major congressional probe into the executive branch loom over Capitol Hill as lawmakers embark on an ambitious, divisive slate of hearings and briefings into charges that Russia meddled in the presidential race to help elect Donald Trump.
More Top News
- Trump marks his 100th day in office, lists successes, takes dig at ‘boring’ WHCD
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump to stick with conservative list for next Supreme Court pick
- Pence christens new attack submarine, urges Congress to boost defense spending
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump demands South Korea pay for new U.S.-deployed missile system
- The people’s billionaire: George Soros gave $36M to groups behind People’s Climate March