Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, embracing his outsider’s credentials, said Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton was the candidate of the establishment and urged the country to move beyond the anti-terror and free trade policies he said have failed the country for decades, as they faced off in the first presidential debate Monday.
- Debate grades: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump pass, Lester Holt fails
- Clinton hits Trump’s wealth, ‘Trumped-up trickle down’ economics
- Trump: I’ll release tax returns if Clinton releases deleted emails
- Trump starts with gentlemanly tone, quickly turns acerbic
- Question of the Day: Who won the first presidential debate?