Congress gave final approval Thursday to a package of strict sanctions punishing Russia for its cyberintrusions in last year’s elections, delivering a challenge to President Trump, who had sought flexibility to negotiate his own deal with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
More Top News
- As Venezuelan election looms, Maduro opponents question voter ID database
- Tour of French countryside shows where American World War I heroes were made
- Trump to declare war on MS-13 gang
- Obama’s U.N. envoy Power faces questions over ‘unmasking’ requests
- Trump honors officers who stopped gunman attack on GOP lawmakers