With the Islamic State’s two main pillars of its so-called caliphate now in the hands of the U.S.-backed coalition, the terrorist group is looking to decentralize and expand its operations through outposts in Libya, Afghanistan and the Philippines as it attempts to recoup its battlefield losses in Iraq and Syria.
More Top News
- Senate budget, key to tax reform, passes initial test vote
- After year in coffin, Thai king’s body prepared for royal cremation
- Trump dismantles Obama’s ‘imperial’ presidency, rescinds dubious orders
- From press leaks to tweetstorms: Trump changes flow of White House information
- Clinton Foundation will keep six-figure donation from Weinstein