Congressional negotiators closed in on a spending deal Tuesday after President Trump backed off his demand for border wall funding, saying he doesn’t need an immediate infusion of cash for the project, clearing the way for Capitol Hill to hash out a bill that avoids an end-of-week government shutdown.
More Top News
- Trump prepares to seat Judge Thapar, first of scores of conservatives for federal courts
- Trade disputes with Canada bolster case for NAFTA redo, commerce secretary says
- Chaffetz, Cummings say no evidence Flynn ‘complied with the law’
- Zinke’s review of national monuments could lead Trump to rescind designations
- Turkey launches airstrikes against U.S.-backed Kurds in Iraq, Syria