A staggering 739,450 people overstayed their visas to become illegal immigrants in 2016, according to a new report released Monday by Homeland Security that suggests the immigration problem has shifted away from people sneaking in, and toward people who came legally but refused to leave when they were supposed to.
More Top News
- Trump becomes first president to pray at Western Wall
- As Obamacare markets tighten, lawmakers feel squeeze for quick fixes
- Army targets Virgin Islands Guardsman without proof, his lawyer says
- In historic speech, Trump implores Muslim world to rip out Islamic extremism at its roots
- Navy SEAL accused of sexual assault is denied special investigator to probe Pentagon meddling