President Trump persuaded China to freeze all financial transactions with North Korea and ordered a new round of U.S. sanctions Thursday, closing out his first U.N. General Assembly with a major diplomatic victory in his efforts to curb Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons and missile programs short of war.
More Top News
- Trump backs Strange in Alabama GOP Senate primary
- With teens at risk of substance use disorder, activists see need for more recovery high schools
- Trump to visit hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico
- Warrantless cellphone tracking is unconstitutional, rules D.C. appeals court
- First female officer graduates from Marine Corps Infantry Officer Course