President Trump and his aides said Monday that he is motivated by respect for the country, not by racism, when he criticizes professional athletes for protesting the national anthem as a furor raged for a fourth straight day in the sports world, in Congress and in the media over his comments.
More Top News
- European envoys warn of blowback if Iran nuclear deal collapses
- House Intelligence Committee hearing set to follow up DOJ, FBI subpoenas in Russia probe
- McConnell’s GOP leadership may hinge on Strange primary victory
- Determined Kurds elated to hold independence vote, but international community wary
- Zinke: One-third of employees at Interior Department are not loyal to Trump