To subscribe, go to this web page. Starts 12:01 AM ET August 10, 2013 and ends 11:59 PM ET September 25, 2013. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States/D.C. 18 or older, except employees of the Sponsor and immediate families. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Void outside the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited. A.R.V. of all prizes is $900.00. Sponsor: The Washington Times National Weekly Edition, 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002.
The National Weekly Automatic Renewal Offer
I understand that I will receive uninterrupted service and delivery of The Washington Times National Weekly Edition and that my subscription will be automatically renewed each year at the rate then in effect. I won't be bothered with any renewal notices in the mail; instead, I will receive a clearly marked annual reminder about 60 days before my credit card is charged or a bill is sent. I may cancel at any time during my subscription or up to one year after the newspaper becomes undeliverable and receive a full refund on any unmailed copies by calling 1-800-277-8500.
Subscribers: If the Post Office alerts us that your newspaper is undeliverable, we have no further obligation unless we receive a corrected address within one year.
"The National Weekly 2013 Promotion"
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins August 10, 2013 and ends September 25, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET, when all entries must be received ("Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. One (1) prize winner per household.
If you are not interested in subscribing to The Washington Times National Weekly Edition but would like to enter the promotion, send an email to email@example.com, in the subject line enter Promotion or mail a letter to The Washington Times National Weekly Edition, attention Promotion 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002 and include your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about October 4, 2013 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. The prizes are one (1) Apple iPad mini, 16GB Wi-Fi model with NO cellular connectivity; two (2) autographed books by author Wesley Pruden: “America in The Gelded Age: Columns from The Washington Times”; two (2) autographed books by author Emily Miller: “Emily Gets her Gun: But Obama Wants to Take Yours”; and one (1) one year subscription to The Washington Times National Weekly Edition.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the appropriate court located in the District of Columbia. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the District of Columbia and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the District of Columbia. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: The Washington Times National Weekly Edition, 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
13. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by The Washington Times National Weekly Edition, 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002 (individually and collectively, the "Sponsor").