- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
HOT BUTTON BLOG
An examination of events surrounding daily news topics.
An anonymous quote from a staffer for Senate Majority Harry Reid who said they would “vaporize” their GOP opponent in the 2010 race was an obvious sign how hard Nevada’s senior senator is willing to play to keep his seat.
President Obama accused the insurance industry and cable news pundits of flooding the airwaves with deceptive studies and advertisements designed to sink his favored health care reforms in his Saturday-morning address, a vehicle he often has used to float his most strident messages.
Two anchors at different major television networks have admitted they did not verify a highly offensive quote before attributing it to conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Internationally renowned, best-selling author and inspirational speaker Deepak Chopra had a hard time explaining his comments about how Americans were to blame for bombings in Mumbai to the hosts of "America’s Morning News" radio show on Wednesday.
When Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus proposed taxing medical devices to raise $40 billion over the next 10 years for his health care plan, opponents started digging in and looking at what would be taxed. It turned out feminine products, like tampons, were classified as class I medical devices and thus, the “tampon tax” was born.
The Federal Trade Commission has expanded truth-in-advertising rules to target bloggers who favorably review products without disclosing ties to associated businesses or advertisers.
Not only did the four doctors who flanked President Obama at his White House press event on Monday recommend his plan; three out of four of them donated to his presidential campaign.
The government has unexpectedly raised rates by more than 20 percent on inpatient copays paid by retired military veterans and their families who have their health insurance provided by Veterans Affairs.
After Carol Shea-Porter, New Hampshire Democrat, was elected to Congress in 2006 she started denying she was ever hauled out of a town hall meeting in 2005 by the police.
Rep. Paul Ryan, a GOP congressman, said he believed U.S. military generals may soon resign if President Obama does not come up with a clear strategy to win the war in Afghanistan.
The military general credited with capturing Saddam Hussein and killing the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, says he has spoken with President Obama only once since taking command in Afghanistan.
The Senate rejected an amendment proposed by Sen. Jim DeMint, South Carolina Republican, to send more water to struggling farming area of California’s Central Valley through pumps were shut down earlier this year to save a three-inch fish.
A powerful group of GOP lawyers is demanding that government officials open an investigation into the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now to determine if any of their government funds have been used for illegal purposes.
The community-organizing group subjected to repeated criticism by Fox News trusted the channel's top Sunday news anchor to do something the President of the United States wouldn't do today: sit down and talk.
They may be out of power, but the GOP isn't out of options when it comes to forcing Democrats to make difficult votes, such as the ones to defund the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN) that occurred in both chambers this week.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Hot Button Blog Archives
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- EDITORIAL: The Potemkin website