DES MOINES — Senator Barack Obama’s presidential campaign today announced that United States Army veteran Kent Sovern, who was announced just last week as the statewide Co-Chair of Senator Clinton’s Veterans Committee, has now decided to caucus for Senator Obama and is encouraging other Iowa veterans to caucus for Obama on Thursday, January 3rd. Sovern also serves on the Iowa Democratic Party Veterans Caucus and is a combat veteran of the Vietnam War.\ \ \ “I believe Senator Obama has the judgment and courage to stand up for America’s veterans and find a responsible way to get our combat troops out of Iraq,” said Sovern of Des Moines. “We can trust him to tell us the truth on the tough issues — even when it’s not convenient. That’s why I’ll be standing for him on Thursday, January 3rd and encouraging veterans across Iowa to do the same.”— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Response: Obama nabs Clinton fan
press release touting she had wooed one of his Iowa supportersSen. Barack Obama
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea