Dear Friend,\ If you want to know why we need change in Washington — and I mean real change, not just trading corporate Republican insiders with corporate Democratic insiders — then just look at Senator Clinton’s schedule for today.\ Today at noon, Hillary Clinton will be hosting a fundraiser in Washington, D.C. for a select group of lobbyists with an interest in homeland security.\ Tickets for the Clinton fundraiser are $1,000 a ticket and $25,000 per bundler. And for that money you get more than a meal — you get to attend one-hour breakout sessions in four different areas of homeland security that will include House Committee Chairs and members of Congress who sit on the very committees that will be voting on homeland security legislation.\ The American people know that the system in Washington has become corroded and corrupt — that the nation’s capital is awash in campaign money from lobbyists seeking to gain influence to impact legislation.\ Yet too many in office have fallen under the spell of campaign money at any cost — and do not see that when they defend the system, they are protecting those that have rigged the game that puts corporate profits ahead of the interests of working Americans.\ To truly end that game, it’s going to take more than a change of heart from other candidates: it’s going to take thousands of committed Americans like you who are willing to take on the powerful interests dollar for dollar to elect a president like John Edwards — who has never taken a dime from any Washington lobbyist, and never will.\ …\ Today’s Clinton fundraising event is a “poster child” for what is wrong with Washington and what should never happen again with a candidate running for the highest office in the land.\ That no one in the Clinton campaign — including the candidate — found anything wrong with holding this fundraiser is an indication of just how bad things have gotten in Washington — because there isn’t an American outside of Washington who would not be sickened by it.\ …\ Thank you for all you do.\ — Joe Trippi\ Senior Advisor, John Edwards for President\ September 18, 2007— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Edwards: Hillary loves lobbyists
John EdwardsHillary Clintonfundraising e-mailJoe Trippihas been calling
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine