\ \ Sen. Joe Biden\ Drink name: The Joe Biden\ Drink: Hendricks Martini\ Why: A traditional drink for a traditional, lifetime politician\ \ Sen. Sam Brownback\ Drink name: The Brownback Special\ Drink: Chocolate Martini\ Why: The chocolate represents the “Brown” in Brownback\ \ Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton\ Drink name: The Hillartini\ Drink: Cosmopolitan\ Why: The drink is pink and feminine, yet strong and bold\ \ Sen. Chris Dodd\ Drink Name: Milk Dodd\ Drink: Brandy, Dark creme de cacao, Half & Half, fresh nutmeg\ Why: This drink will appear white to represent Dodd’s much talked about white hair.\ \ Sen. John Edwards\ Drink Name: Johnny Rocket\ Drink: Southern Comfort, Grand Marnier, cranberry juice\ Why: The Southern Comfort represents Edwards’ Southern roots\ \ Mayor Rudy Giuliani\ Drink Name: The Giuliani\ Drink: Apple Martini\ Why: Giuliani was the mayor of New York City (a.k.a. The Big Apple)\ \ Sen. Mike Gravel\ Drink Name: The Gravel\ Drink: Hennessey and Coke\ Why: Gravel is the “dark horse” (a.k.a. long-shot) candidate, so this drink appears very dark, in color\ \ Gov. Mike Huckabee\ Drink Name: I Heart Huckabee\ Drink: Bloody Mary\ Why: Huckabee speaks about eating healthy, so this drink contains a nutritious mixer - tomato juice\ \ Rep. Duncan Hunter\ Drink Name: The Hunter\ Drink: Vodka on the rocks with tonic\ Why: A traditional drink for a traditional, conservative candidate\ \ Rep. Dennis Kucinich\ Drink Name: The Impeachment\ Drink: Stoli Peach, Stoli O, a splash of orange juice\ Why: Kucinich wants to impeach Cheney, so this drink has a peach taste\ \ Sen. John McCain\ Drink Name: Raising Arizona\ Drink: Straight Martini\ Why: A straight martini for a straight talker\ \ Sen. Barack Obama\ Drink name: The Obama-rama\ Drink: Goose O, Malibu, orange juice, cranberry, pineapple\ Why: This drink includes Malibu rum and tropical fruit mixers because Obama lived in Hawaii\ \ Rep. Ron Paul\ Drink name: The Ron Paul\ Drink: Texas Tea (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, bourbon, triple sec, sweet & sour mix, and Coke)\ Why: Paul is from Texas\ \ Gov. Bill Richardson\ Drink name: The Bill-rita\ Drink: Cucumber Margarita\ Why: Tequila and margaritas are a tradition of the southwest and Richardson is governor of New Mexico\ \ Gov. Mitt Romney\ Drink name: The Romney\ Drink: Pineapple juice, cranberry juice, soda (can add a shot of vodka, if customer wants alcohol)\ Why: Since Romney does not consume liquor; this is a non-alcoholic drink.\ \ Rep. Tom Tancredo\ Drink name: The Tanq-redo\ Drink: Tanqueray and tonic\ Why: His name sounds like a popular name of alcohol\ \ Sen. Fred Thompson\ Drink name: Law & Order\ Drink: Jack Daniels and Coke\ Why: Jack Daniels is a whiskey distilled in Thompson’s state - Tennessee— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Lotus Loungedrop me a line
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt