\ \ Q: The same question, we’re going to ask, about immigration to all the candidates. Would you commit during your first year of the presidency, to immigration reform? … Senator Edwards, now [is] your time to respond.\ \ MR. EDWARDS: The answer’s yes, I would commit to do it, not just in my first year, but at the beginning of the Edwards administration. …\ \ You know, it’s interesting to me. When you walk into a Blockbuster to — to rent a movie, you don’t see anybody, but you hear a voice saying, “Welcome to Blockbuster.” We can figure out when somebody’s walking into a Blockbuster. It seems to me we can figure out when somebody’s coming into the United States of America, and especially if we use the technology that’s available to us. And I think that’s what the focus should be on — more Border Patrol, better use of technology, as absolutely a path to — to earn citizenship for those who are living here and who are undocumented.Netflixheavy on technical difficultiesmy story— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
The spin begins
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?