Here’s where I will flashback to 2004 when the convention in Boston, like 2000 and 1996 and 1992, was essentially run by John Kerry. In fact, in early March 2004, I had the opportunity to sit in with Cam Kerry (John’s brother) when he met with Terry McAuliffe at the DNC (Rodney Margol and Peter Maroney were there as well.) From that moment forward, the DNC was to a great extent an extension of the campaign.\ \ \ The convention was not really the DNC’s convention, it was the nominee’s convention to a great extent, run by a Kerry guy, populated by Kerry people, we had the seats, the sky boxes, and we picked the speakers. Barack Obama’s great speech? It happened because of John Kerry.\ \ \ So who runs Denver if a nominee is not decided? The DNC? Howard Dean? Who picks the speakers? Who gets the seats? And plans the program? Who? I have no idea.— Christina Bellantoni, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Super Tuesday reports, plus a big 'what if'
our story todayWeb siteBBlogSen. Barack Obamathis post
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS