California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose official place of work is in the Northern California city of Sacramento, reportedly spends nearly every night in his Los Angeles-area mansion.\ \ \ The distance between the two cities is about 360 miles one way!\ \ \ The governor uses his own money to pay for his Gulfstream flights, which price out at about $10,000 an hour.\ \ \ Good thing he earned some major cash as a bodybuilder/actor.\ \ \ But, the environmental costs are high. Flying TO AND FROM WORK is not very ecologically sound, as our Perezcious readers know!\ \ \ The governor’s staff says he purchases “carbon credits.” Such credits are aimed at offsetting the greenhouse gases generated by his flights but do nothing about the particulates and smog-forming compounds released into the air.\ \ \ The reason the Governator gives for the ‘commute’? It’s so he can spend time with his family. Admirable but can’t the family move up to Sacramento?\ \ \ Arnold recently made the cover of Newsweek for being ‘green’. Looks a little hypocritical to us!— Andrea Billups, The Washington Times
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Guvernator — not so green?
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'