- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Steve Whyno covers the Washington Capitals for The Washington Times.
Capitals forward Marcus Johansson was a late addition to the Swedish national hockey team early Friday morning and is headed to Sochi this weekend for the Winter Olympics.
Capitals star winger Alex Ovechkin defended the organizers of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, who are taking a beating this week after a torrent of criticism over accommodations in the city.
The second-line center missed practice on Monday and will not play in the Capitals' road game against the Sabres on Tuesday, coach Adam Oates said.
Capitals star winger Alex Ovechkin missed practice on Thursday with a lower-body injury. That leaves his status in doubt for Friday's game against the New Jersey Devils.
The Capitals were without injured star right wing Alex Ovechkin for Tuesday's game against the Ottawa Senators at Verizon Center.
The Capitals returned goalie Phillip Grubauer to AHL Hershey on Monday, leaving their crease once again to Braden Holtby and Michal Neuvirth.
The Capitals placed defenseman Steve Oleksy on waivers Monday, clearing a second roster spot after goalie Philipp Grubauer was sent to AHL Hershey earlier in the day.
I wouldn't call the Caps' dressing room upbeat after Tuesday's 2-1 shootout loss to the San Jose Sharks. It wasn't exactly a party in there after a second consecutive defeat – one to a bad team and another to a really good one. But if you're the optimistic type then there were some positives to take on the flight to Pittsburgh, where Washington has the unenviable task of a back-to-back against the rested Penguins tonight.
The Capitals will start rookie goalie Philipp Grubauer in net for the 13th time in 18 games when they face the Buffalo Sabres at Verizon Center on Sunday afternoon.
The goaltender will make his first start in exactly seven weeks on Friday when the Capitals host the Maple Leafs at Verizon Center.
The defenseman was named to the United States' 25-man roster for the Sochi Olympics on Wednesday, and with five days remaining until roster decisions must be made, three other Capitals are forced to wait it out.
Capitals defenseman John Carlson made the final roster for Team USA, which will participate in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia next month. The 25-man roster was announced following the NHL's Winter Classic on Wednesday at University of Michigan Stadium between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson avoids suspension for his charging penalty on Flyers center Brayden Schenn in Tuesday's 5-2 loss at Philadelphia.
"Every person is different," Kundratek told The Patriot-News. "Every tear is different. I have no idea how long it is going to be. It could be three months to the end of the season."
The Capitals have recalled defenseman Dmitry Orlov and center Michael Latta from AHL Hershey and both will participate in Wednesday morning's practice at Kettler Iceplex. Defenseman John Erskine is out with an upper-body injury.
Capitals Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port