- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
Steve Whyno covers the Washington Capitals for The Washington Times.
"Every person is different," Kundratek told The Patriot-News. "Every tear is different. I have no idea how long it is going to be. It could be three months to the end of the season."
The Capitals have recalled defenseman Dmitry Orlov and center Michael Latta from AHL Hershey and both will participate in Wednesday morning's practice at Kettler Iceplex. Defenseman John Erskine is out with an upper-body injury.
The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Urbom is a native of Stockholm, Sweden. He has played in 14 NHL games, and one of the 23-year-old's two goals came in December 2011 for the Devils against the Capitals.
The Capitals knew they had a good future defense prospect in Connor Carrick. What he showed during preseason was he was much further along in his development than anyone expected. His play during preseason pretty much left the Caps no choice but to keep Carrick around and see what he could do when things get real.
After two seasons as the Capitals' associate goaltender coach, Kolzig has been promoted to oversee Washington's netminders, replacing Dave Prior.
Patrick Kane (Blackhawks), Jonathan Quick (Kings), Phil Kessel (Maple Leafs), Zach Parise (Wild), Dustin Brown (Kings), Jimmy Howard (Red Wings), Ryan Miller (Sabres) and Ryan Suter (Wild) all are slated for the Aug. 26-27 camp at the Capitals' practice facility.
By — Published July 2, 2013 Comments
The 23-year-old defenseman tallied seven points in his 25 games with Washington in 2013. He spent the bulk of the season with AHL Hershey.
A left-handed shot, Burakovsky checks in at 6-foot-1, 176 pounds. His father, Robert, played briefly for the Ottawa Senators in 1993-94 and at one point was a teammate of Caps assistant coach Calle Johansson, according to head coach Adam Oates.
The Aug. 25-29 camp for the men's national team will lay the groundwork for the Sochi Olympics, which begin Feb. 7, 2014.
By — Published June 27, 2013 Comments
The Caps will open preseason play Sept. 14 against now-former division mates the Winnipeg Jets at Belleville, Ontario, as part of the NHL's Hockeyville event.
By — Published June 26, 2013 Comments
The 26-year-old played in three games with the Capitals during the 2011-12 season. He opened this past season in the Phoenix Coyotes organization but was reacquired by Washington in April and sent to AHL Hershey.
Grinder shows value on faceoffs, penalty kill and more. If he hits unrestricted free agency, expect NHL teams to line up for his services.
Forward fails to make good use of perhaps his final NHL chance with Capitals.
Veteran defenseman played 16 games in 2013 but showed groin injuries were behind him.
Big right wing is only 19, but he's physically ready for the NHL. Training camp will be the test for the organization's No. 2 prospect.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Capitals Watch Archives
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle