- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Steve Whyno covers the Washington Capitals for The Washington Times.
The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Urbom is a native of Stockholm, Sweden. He has played in 14 NHL games, and one of the 23-year-old's two goals came in December 2011 for the Devils against the Capitals.
The Capitals knew they had a good future defense prospect in Connor Carrick. What he showed during preseason was he was much further along in his development than anyone expected. His play during preseason pretty much left the Caps no choice but to keep Carrick around and see what he could do when things get real.
After two seasons as the Capitals' associate goaltender coach, Kolzig has been promoted to oversee Washington's netminders, replacing Dave Prior.
Patrick Kane (Blackhawks), Jonathan Quick (Kings), Phil Kessel (Maple Leafs), Zach Parise (Wild), Dustin Brown (Kings), Jimmy Howard (Red Wings), Ryan Miller (Sabres) and Ryan Suter (Wild) all are slated for the Aug. 26-27 camp at the Capitals' practice facility.
By — Published July 2, 2013 Comments
The 23-year-old defenseman tallied seven points in his 25 games with Washington in 2013. He spent the bulk of the season with AHL Hershey.
A left-handed shot, Burakovsky checks in at 6-foot-1, 176 pounds. His father, Robert, played briefly for the Ottawa Senators in 1993-94 and at one point was a teammate of Caps assistant coach Calle Johansson, according to head coach Adam Oates.
The Aug. 25-29 camp for the men's national team will lay the groundwork for the Sochi Olympics, which begin Feb. 7, 2014.
By — Published June 27, 2013 Comments
The Caps will open preseason play Sept. 14 against now-former division mates the Winnipeg Jets at Belleville, Ontario, as part of the NHL's Hockeyville event.
By — Published June 26, 2013 Comments
The 26-year-old played in three games with the Capitals during the 2011-12 season. He opened this past season in the Phoenix Coyotes organization but was reacquired by Washington in April and sent to AHL Hershey.
Grinder shows value on faceoffs, penalty kill and more. If he hits unrestricted free agency, expect NHL teams to line up for his services.
Forward fails to make good use of perhaps his final NHL chance with Capitals.
Veteran defenseman played 16 games in 2013 but showed groin injuries were behind him.
Big right wing is only 19, but he's physically ready for the NHL. Training camp will be the test for the organization's No. 2 prospect.
Coach Adam Oates says 'it wasn't a decision to put him in Game 7,' adding the 29-year-old forward would have been ready for the next round. The Caps just didn't get there.
Capitals general manager says 'Alex [Ovechkin] wasn't wrong' to wonder about intentions after Game 7 loss.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Capitals Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS