- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Steve Whyno covers the Washington Capitals for The Washington Times.
The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Urbom is a native of Stockholm, Sweden. He has played in 14 NHL games, and one of the 23-year-old's two goals came in December 2011 for the Devils against the Capitals.
The Capitals knew they had a good future defense prospect in Connor Carrick. What he showed during preseason was he was much further along in his development than anyone expected. His play during preseason pretty much left the Caps no choice but to keep Carrick around and see what he could do when things get real.
After two seasons as the Capitals' associate goaltender coach, Kolzig has been promoted to oversee Washington's netminders, replacing Dave Prior.
Patrick Kane (Blackhawks), Jonathan Quick (Kings), Phil Kessel (Maple Leafs), Zach Parise (Wild), Dustin Brown (Kings), Jimmy Howard (Red Wings), Ryan Miller (Sabres) and Ryan Suter (Wild) all are slated for the Aug. 26-27 camp at the Capitals' practice facility.
By — Published July 2, 2013 Comments
The 23-year-old defenseman tallied seven points in his 25 games with Washington in 2013. He spent the bulk of the season with AHL Hershey.
A left-handed shot, Burakovsky checks in at 6-foot-1, 176 pounds. His father, Robert, played briefly for the Ottawa Senators in 1993-94 and at one point was a teammate of Caps assistant coach Calle Johansson, according to head coach Adam Oates.
The Aug. 25-29 camp for the men's national team will lay the groundwork for the Sochi Olympics, which begin Feb. 7, 2014.
By — Published June 27, 2013 Comments
The Caps will open preseason play Sept. 14 against now-former division mates the Winnipeg Jets at Belleville, Ontario, as part of the NHL's Hockeyville event.
By — Published June 26, 2013 Comments
The 26-year-old played in three games with the Capitals during the 2011-12 season. He opened this past season in the Phoenix Coyotes organization but was reacquired by Washington in April and sent to AHL Hershey.
Grinder shows value on faceoffs, penalty kill and more. If he hits unrestricted free agency, expect NHL teams to line up for his services.
Forward fails to make good use of perhaps his final NHL chance with Capitals.
Veteran defenseman played 16 games in 2013 but showed groin injuries were behind him.
Big right wing is only 19, but he's physically ready for the NHL. Training camp will be the test for the organization's No. 2 prospect.
Coach Adam Oates says 'it wasn't a decision to put him in Game 7,' adding the 29-year-old forward would have been ready for the next round. The Caps just didn't get there.
Capitals general manager says 'Alex [Ovechkin] wasn't wrong' to wonder about intentions after Game 7 loss.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Capitals Watch Archives
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear