- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
Only at The Washington Times: Mark Zuckerman and Ben Goessling blog on the Washington Nationals.
The Angels force a Game 6 with a wild, 7-6 victory over the Yankees Thursday night.
Nats top pitching prospect gives up eight runs and three homers in his second Arizona Fall League outing. Meanwhile, shortstop Danny Espinosa leaves after one inning with an apparent injury.
The Phillies won their second straight NL pennant by beating the Dodgers 10-4 on Wednesday night, taking the NLCS in five games.
MLB will report its Pitch F/X data from Stephen Strasburg's Arizona Fall League start on Thursday.
Dodgers hitting coach Don Mattingly said this afternoon the Nationals have asked Los Angeles general manager Ned Colletti for permission to speak to Mattingly about their managerial opening.
Jimmy Rollins' two-run double in the ninth inning gave the Phillies a 5-4 win in Game 4 of the NLCS, putting them up 3-1 in their series with the Dodgers.
New York sends Andy Pettitte to the mound, while Los Angeles hands the ball to Jered Weaver in a must-win game.
Cliff Lee struck out 10 batters, tying a Phillies postseason record, and pitched eight shutout innings as Philadelphia beat the Dodgers 11-0 in Game 3 of the NLCS.
Among those on the field pregame at Dodger Stadium: Jim Bowden and Frank Robinson (but not together).
Game 1 of the NLCS gets underway at 8:07 p.m., but attention is already on Game 2 tomorrow, with Pedro Martinez starting for the Phillies.
The Nationals officially announced three outside hires to bolster their front office, and named Kris Kline scouting director.
The Nationals have hired Atlanta scouting director Roy Clark as their new assistant GM.
Washington Nationals closer Mike MacDougal underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right hip, repairing an injury that hampered the right-hander during the last week of the Nationals’ season.
Dana Brown, who had been in charge of scouting for the Expos/Nationals since 2002, will be named special assistant to new Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos later today.
Behind home runs from Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada, the Yankees finished an ALDS sweep of the Twins in the last baseball game played in the Metrodome.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- June 2011
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins