- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
City State Archive: October 2011
Virginia Senator Mark Warner, Democrat, is looking to give Virginia's already-robust tourism industry an international boost. Published October 7 2011
Maryland GOP Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, a Republican, said Thursday night he has met with Gov. Martin O'Malley to discuss a recently-released congressional redistricting map, which would put more Democrats in his Western Maryland district and hurt his chances of winning an 11th term. Published October 6 2011
Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II on Wednesday blasted the Environmental Protection Agency in the wake of a recent inspector general´s report that found it failed to follow federal rules in its process of using climate change data to conclude greenhouse gases are a threat to human health. Published October 5 2011
Republican George Allen injected labor into the race for U.S. Senate in Virginia on Wednesday, releasing a three-pronged plan on workers' rights dubbed the "Freedom To Work Act." Published October 5 2011
Completion of construction on the $2.8 billion first phase of rail-to-Dulles is slightly behind schedule — nine days, to be exact — the president and CEO of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority said Wednesday. Published October 5 2011
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is asking state agencies to steel themselves for potential cuts of between 2 and 6 percent as he begins to prepare his one and only biennial budget for the next two fiscal years. Published October 4 2011
Panel issues proposed congressional map for Md; D.C. police ready of "Occupy Wall Street" type protests; Allen, Kaine crisscross Va. to help 2011 candidates; Poll: Marylanders divided over gay-marriage, Dream Act; D.C. sets Oct. date for iGaming meetings; O'Malley appears in videos supporting gay marriage; Deer-vehicle crashed up in Md.; Attorneys for Leslie Johnson ask for sentencing delay; Va. man pleads guilty for buying whale teeth. Published October 4 2011
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell on Monday announced that the state will conduct a study to assess current and projected commuter patterns in Northern Virginia in an attempt to deal with every Virginian's favorite topic — transportation. Published October 3 2011
Exclusive: Gonzales poll today on O'Malley, Cardin reelection; No. Va. state Sen. candidates debate taxes, abortion; One missing in Bay plane crash; Teachers union press McDonnell for salary increases; District homicides below 2010 rate; Winds delay Washington Monument inspection; Sun: One proposed redistricting plan would help GOP Rep. Andy Harris. Published October 3 2011
Speculation on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's potential presidential bid was the topic du jour on the Sunday talk shows. But Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, Christie's "boss" at the Republican Governors Association, said he'd be "surprised" if Mr. Christie takes the plunge. Published October 2 2011
A 2010 survey shows D.C. 8th-graders largely are struggling with reading, 10 percent have attempted suicide and 30 percent have engaged in sexual intercourse. What's up that? Published October 2 2011
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line