- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
City State Archive: January 2012
Despite a contentious, up-and-down and, at times, downright nasty Republican presidential primary race thus far, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was confident the party would rally around the eventual nominee, he said Wednesday. Published January 4 2012
D.C. wants college applications as graduation requirement; Cuccinelli says he can defend ballot law; Bolling defines tie-breaker role; Maryland delegate has fantasy-sports bill; D.C. Council member Thomas misses repayment deadline; Virginia GOP to revisit loyalty oath; Md. state Sen. Brinkley to announce congressional plans; Rat complaints prompt inspection of Occupy D.C. camp. Published January 4 2012
Can Bolling vote? Can't he? What can he vote on? And when? Published January 3 2012
Virginia lawmakers take up voter ID laws; Occupy D.C. at crossroad; D.C. Council to New Hampshire; Slots in Prince George's face challenges; New Jersey appears ahead of D.C. in I-gaming race; D.C. Council chairman to preview 2012 legislation; Public hearings set on Virginia budget; Paul's Virginia campaign headquarters will be in Norfolk. Published January 3 2012
D.C. parking enforcement officials issued 2 million parking tickets in the past 14 months. What's up with that? Published January 1 2012
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line