- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
City State is The Washington Times' roundup of the best breaking news and original observations across Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Tim Kaine's got another Democratic challenger for the U.S. Senate from Virginia — and it's not Rep. Bobby Scott.
First findings on Gray hirings due Aug. 24; D.C. police commander demoted post-'Sheen-gate'; Conservative Black running again in Virginia; Virgina's Henrico County approves mosque; Warner overlooked for 'supercommittee'; Maryland GOP's Kittleman alone on same-sex marriage; D.C. 'jock tax' languishes on Capitol Hill; Flight to D.C. diverted, minor injuries.
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services is not downgrading Maryland's or Virginia's prized triple-A credit ratings.
The O'Malley administration has posted on its blog site an exchange of letters between Gov. Martin O'Malley and Archbishop of Baltimore Edwin O’Brien on the issue of same-sex marriage in Maryland.
Mark Center commute begins today; Documents show key receipts unchecked in Alexander probe; Lanier's 'All Hands' dealt potential setback again; D.C. may be forced into immigration program; O'Malley, Catholics differ on gay marriage; Frederick woman missing in Aruba; Maryland teachers union rejects pension proposal; Acrimony rises in Virginia state Senate race.
A scene from the the Rollingcrest-Chillum Splash Pool in Hyattsville on Monday.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley on Monday attended the opening of the state's first sun-tracking electric vehicle charger as part of a continued effort to push for green technology in the state.
Lawyers have filed federal suit in Maryland arguing federal immigration officers violated the rights of two families during a 2008 raid in Annapolis, according to advocacy group Casa de Maryland.
Washington Adventist Hospital is asking state regulators for approval to move from its Takoma Park home to a site near White Oak.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will establish a new task force and implement a traffic management plan in an effort to head off — to the extent possible — an anticipated traffic nightmare on I-395 resulting from the move of more than 6,000 Defense Department employees to Alexandria's Mark Center.
O'Malley joined Dems' TV blitz to blame S&P, tea party; Fallen SEAL has local ties; Virginia redistricting creates moving target; Tour shows Mount Vernon's role in Civil War; Prince George's rethinking casino gambling; Lobby groups in Virginia giving millions to 2011 candidates; Maryland GOP lawmaker Nancy Jacobs involved in toll-increase debates; Maryland Sen. Brinkley: State's credit rating won't be lowered.
A recent study suggests that people's DNA determines how long they'll live while first lady Michelle Obama champions diet and exercise to promote good health. What's up with that?
Several NASCAR drivers visited Walter Reed Army Medical Center on Thursday.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley appointed a committee Thursday that will be charged with making statewide infrastructure improvements to accommodate new electric vehicles.
Emails show backroom lottery deals, Wone lawsuit settled, OCF (mostly) clears Alexander, Candidates consider Ward 5 run (if necessary), GOP candidates holds early edge over likely Dems in Va. governor's race, Gray veto draws Cheh ire
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
City State Archives
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize