- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
City State is The Washington Times' roundup of the best breaking news and original observations across Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Still not enough cash for D.C.; Lawsuit in South Capitol Street shooting; Gandhi says tax collected properly; More than one-third of petition signatures came from web; Gansler seeking political points?; Parents upset about third-grade textbook's liberal agenda
A South Carolina behavioral clinic has stopped accepting troubled teens from from the District in the wake of two highly publicized escapes.
Allen is 'tracked'; MPD civilian overrules trial boards; Maryland changes teacher evaluation; Former postmaster general to be named to MWAA board chief; Wells not ruling out mayoral run; D.C. schools getting better; NFL lockout hurts Maryland; McDonnell in Paris
Woodley Park is back in Ward 3, D.C. Council member Mary M. Cheh announced Tuesday.
Ward 7 wants Yvette out; Lottery prepares for online games; Grand jury hears evidence on Gray; Fire department policy harmful to pregnant firefighters; DYRS ward escapes -- again; MetroAccess drivers snooze; Free State not so free; Post poll on AIDS; Va. Senate candidate calls for Holder to step down; GOP candidates visit Maryland
Catholic University plans to phase out coed dorms as a means to reduce the level of binge drinking and casual sexual "hookups" on campus.
More poll results; troubled strip club; Peck back in government; Obama team organizing; Lasting effects from dirty tricks; Hospital fight may not be over
Gov. Bob McDonnell said 6,000 more in-state students will be enrolling in Virginia colleges and universities this year, due to higher educations reforms passed this year by the General Assembly.
Prince George's on pace for 100 killings; Maryland appeal court to hear case of same-sex divorce; Sulaimon Brown still fighting D.C. council; Virginia paid thousands for flights during McDonnell's Asia junket; Reagan National turns 70; Car accident lawsuit now has lurid allegations.
D.C. officials have come up with a plan to allow a financially strapped charter school to complete its school year and find new placements for its students.
D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown issued this announcement via Twitter this afternoon: "Learn more about lottery. Finance & Revenue Comm. hearing re: DC Lottery's plans to offer online games. June 29 at 10AM at the Wilson Bldg."
D.C. Council passes fiscal 2012 budget; Sculptor finishes work on MLK memorial on Mall; Va. prepares to create health insurance exchange; McDonnell signs law to improve school safety; Catholic U. ending coed dorms; Metro considers new rail lines; D.C. police redraw precinct boundaries; Allen announces "Blueprint for America's Comeback"
Using your cell phone to send a malicious text message with "profane, threatening or indecent language" will become a Class 1 misdemeanor beginning July 1.
UPDATE: Prince George's County officials release details on analysis/plan for bringing Washington Redskins' headquarters from Loudoun County
A recent study ranked Maryland among the nation's least free states.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
City State Archives
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'