- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
City State is The Washington Times' roundup of the best breaking news and original observations across Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Gray 'cronyism' hearings resume; 9 victims in overnight D.C. violence; D.C. movie office increase raises concerns; D.C. medical marijuana ready to start; Va. Assembly rejects insurance for abortions; Dulles to get underground Metro stop; Md. Assembly has hectic final stretch
Virginia's Secretary of Transportation sent a letter Wednesday morning to the chairman of the board of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority expressing his disappointment over the group voting for the pricier of two options for a Metrorail station at Dulles.
A D.C. Council member is questioning a 22 percent budget increase for the District's Office of Motion Picture and TV Development.
Kaine announces Senate bid; Va. House advances redistricting plan; Hearing today in slaying of Redskins' Taylor; Audit finds irregularities in Brown campaign; Surprise turn in Md. bill for life-sentencing parole, Md. House considers tuition breaks for illegal immigrants
A pack of vocal protesters barged into the D.C. Council chamber Tuesday with a gift for Ward 4 Democrat Muriel Bowser.
D.C. Council member Jack Evans has introduced a bill that would allow D.C. firefighters to continue to wear clothing and patches with the "DCFD" insignia.
Va. lawmakers in Richmond for redistricting; McDonnell considers adoptions by gays; Gray supporter quits city job; Gray supporter withdraws nomination to chairmanship; Gauguin masterpiece OK; Qatar investors fund major D.C. development project; FBI employee allegedly hit men with her car; Md. legislators compromise on pension plan; Homicides increase around region
Somebody's likely suffering from the rising cost of college tuition, but it doesn't seem to be the presidents of five Virginia universities who made it on top-paid lists compiled by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
D.C. residents call for Alexander probe; Alexandria proposes first commercial property tax; National Gallery painting attacked; Two shot overnight in Southeast; Man struck, killed on I-66; First retail at Metro station; Md. Assembly closing swiftly on O'Malley agenda
What do you think of the 25 percent unemployment rate in Ward 8?
An unexpected group is taking up Gov. Bob McDonnell on his invitation for private entities to sponsor Virginia rest stops: PETA
House reviving D.C. school-vouchers program; Two years of major gridlock expected for D.C. gateway; Shake Shack to Nationals Park; Barry driving with invalid plates; Ward 8 has highest unemployment in U.S.; McDonnell vetoes four bills; Redistricting map squeezed Marshall; Md. Senate passes booze tax
Nats Park neighborhood still a work in progress; More D.C. police getting six-figure salaries; McDonnell's midnight amendments; Va. redistricting maps released; Obama nudges Kaine; Dulles Metrorail station names; Protests outside Gaithersburg abortion clinic; Md. lawmakers consider DREAM Act.
Exclusive Allen interview; Va. couple accused of felony child abuse; D.C. Council begins Gray hearings; Gray talks 'trust'; Rayful Edmond's infamous legacy returns; Circulator fare increases?; O'Malley's wind plan fading
A hearing into the personnel practices of D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray started this morning with council member Mary M. Cheh's announcement that a second hearing will be tentatively scheduled for April 7.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
City State Archives
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels