- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
City State is The Washington Times' roundup of the best breaking news and original observations across Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
The VCU Rams got a pat on the back from Virginia lawmakers Gov. Bob McDonnell and Rep. Eric Cantor for their victory Sunday over top-ranked Kansas in the NCAA basketball tournament.
The Maryland General Assembly is considering a proposal to raise taxes on liquor, beer and wine.
Mayor Gray faces challenging Monday; VCU celebration included vandalism; Va. General Assembly submitting redistricting plans; Gas prices impact Metro ridership; Unions anticipate win in Md. legislature.
A writer for a conservative-leaning blog is using his online presence to launch a campaign for the Virginia House seat of Fairfax Democrat Mark Keam.
Poll: Gray's popularity drops; Cheh's request for subpoena power rebuffed; Webb as secretary of state?; Gov. O'Malley faces critical point in second term, including his offshore wind plan; Md. Assembly begins full debate on 2012 budget; Post: Metro trains involved in rail-yard collisions
Fairfax places number one for healthiest Virginian counties, while the western Buchanan County is the unhealthiest.
The fledgling Gray administration in the District is being investigated by the FBI, the U.S. attorney's office and Congress over its personnel practices.
The story of a woman charged with a brutal murder in a Bethesda yoga boutique unraveled after she told detectives her attackers briefly freed her so she could move her slain coworker's car, The Washington Post reported this morning.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray's election campaign is now the focus of a congressional probe, according to a Washington Times story Friday.
By Tammy Bruce
City State Archives
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week