Whoa, plenty of stuff on the Terpies today. Let’s get to it:
* In our dead-tree edition, there’s a look at Maryland’s excellent linebacker depth heading into the season.
* Here’s a nuts-and-bolts look at Maryland’s basketball schedule, also from the print edition.
* The Baltimore Sun’s David Steele and Bill Ordine bicker about whether Ralph Friedgen or Gary Williams is on the bigger hot seat entering this year. The correct answer, by the way, is to point out both have more than $5 million coming their way over the next three years no matter what. That means barring an utter collapse or a decision to retire from either coach, both will probably be around this time next year.
* The Hagerstown Herald-Mail’s Bob Parasaliti gets out a menu of food-related analogies when looking at Saturday’s game against Delaware.
* The Frederick News-Post’s Greg Swatek also focuses on the big school-vs.-little school angle.
* The Blue Hens’ players will know who is starting at QB in the next few days. But no one outside the program will know until Saturday if Delaware coach K.C. Keeler has a say in it, writes Martin Frank of the Wilmington News Journal.