Is Maryland a sure-fire NCAA tournament team? Nope. Still too much work to do.
Would the Terps be in if the season ended today? Quite possibly.
There’s arguments for and against. But at this stage, Maryland is on the right side of the line for the pool of candidates for postseason inclusion.
Meanwhile, Pittsburgh solidified its grasp on a No. 1 seed over the last week, which has to make the committee happy. It would be ideal if a No. 1 seed landed in play-in game home Dayton for the first weekend, and the Panthers look like the surest best of anyone to earn the honor of facing the last team into the round of 64.
A full bracket rundown:
(1) BIG EAST/Pittsburgh vs. (16) SWAC/Alabama State-ATLANTIC SUN/Jacksonville
(8) Arizona vs. (9) Florida
(4) Purdue vs. (13) CAA/Virginia Commonwealth
(5) ATLANTIC 10/Xavier vs, (12) Oklahoma State
(3) Louisville vs. (14) SUMMIT/North Dakota State
(6) Texas vs. (11) South Carolina
(2) Duke vs. (15) SOUTHLAND/Stephen F. Austin”
(7) UCLA vs. (10) Brigham Young
(1) ACC/North Carolina vs. (16) OHIO VALLEY/UT Martin
(8) HORIZON/Butler vs. (9) Wisconsin
(4) Marquette vs. (13) SOUTHERN/Davidson
(5) PAC-10/Washington vs. (12) Kentucky
(3) Missouri vs. (14) BIG SKY/Weber State
(6) West Virginia vs. (11) Maryland
(2) BIG TEN/Michigan State vs. (15) NORTHEAST/Robert Morris
(7) California vs. (10) WAC/Utah State
Kansas City, Mo.
(1) Oklahoma vs. (16) BIG WEST/Long Beach State
(8) Dayton vs. (9) Boston College
(4) Arizona State vs. (13) SUN BELT/Western Kentucky
(5) Illinois vs. (12) UNLV
(3) Clemson vs. (14) MAC/Buffalo
(6) SEC/Louisiana State vs. (11) MAAC/Siena
(2) Villanova vs. (15) BIG SOUTH/Radford
(7) MOUNTAIN WEST/Utah vs. (10) Minnesota
(1) Connecticut vs. (16) MEAC/Morgan State
(8) Ohio State vs. (9) Texas A&M
(4) Wake Forest vs. (13) PATRIOT/American
(5) WCC/Gonzaga vs. (12) MVC/Creighton
Kansas City, Mo.
(3) BIG 12/Kansas vs. (14) AMERICA EAST/Vermont
(6) Florida State vs. (11) Penn State
(2) CONFERENCE USA/Memphis vs. (15) IVY/Cornell
(7) Syracuse vs. (10) Tennessee
Last four in: UNLV, Penn State, Oklahoma State, Maryland
Last four out: Kansas State, Michigan, Cincinnati, Southern California
Next four out: Miami, San Diego State, Virginia Tech, Saint Mary’s
Moving in: Jacksonville, Maryland, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, UNLV, Vermont
Moving out: Belmont, Binghamton, Cincinnati, San Diego State, Southern California, Virginia Tech