Yes, yes, yes. I do realize there were no updates out of basketball media day.
Let’s just say the schedule was crammed, there was a lot of work to get done and acknowledge there’s a good five months and change to go to get to Maryland basketball stuff.
But the major items on a fairly uneventful day (though there’s still some tape to listen to from strategically placed recorders to potentially counteract that opinion).
* Landon Milbourne said his ankle is 100 percent after surgery in May.
* Eric Hayes has an aggravating turf toe injury, but said he expects to practice Saturday.
* Coach Gary Williams was neck brace-free a little more than a week after surgery. His voice was a little weak, but was otherwise his usual wry self
* Steve Goins underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in late August and is just getting back. He’s also slimmed down by 15-20 pounds since last season.
* Greivis Vasquez got asked a lot about his near-jump to the pros. Big shock, right?
* Cliff Tucker said he’s in the best shape of his life. That’s a combination of being even further removed from playing two sports and (more importantly) having spent an extra summer in strength coach Paul Ricci’s program.
* Jin Soo Kim has gotten his weight into the 200s, but said his movement hasn’t been affected by the extra muscle.
I’ll have more at some point tomorrow, but for now it’s time to get some sleep. It’ll be needed thanks to Midnight Maryland Madness in another 24 hours.