Not to be outdone by Virginia announcing its lacrosse schedule for 2010, an hour later comes Maryland’s full schedule.
As with the post about the Cavaliers, analysis to follow after the rundown.
Feb. 20: at Bellarmine, TBA
Feb. 27: at Georgetown, 2 (ESPNU)
March 6: vs. Duke at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, 11 a.m. (ESPNU)
March 13: Towson, 11 a.m. (ESPNU)
March 20: at UMBC, noon (ESPNU)
March 27: at North Carolina, 2 (ESPNU)
April 3: Virginia, 8 (ESPNU)
April 10: Navy, noon (ESPNU)
April 17: vs. Johns Hopkins at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, 6:30 (ESPNU)
April 23: ACC semifinals at Byrd Stadium, 5/7:30
April 25: ACC final at Byrd Stadium, 3:30 (CSN)
May 1: Fairfield, 1
May 4: Penn, TBA
May 8: Colgate, 1
* Yes, that’s eight consecutive games that will get ESPNU treatment. It goes without saying Maryland’s lacrosse team will be seen more on TV this year.
* Maryland will play two road games that require overnight stays: Bellarmine (in Louisville, Ky.) and North Carolina. That’s a favorable slate.
* Like Virginia, Maryland won’t play in the traditional 1 p.m. Saturday slot until May – barring that opener at Bellarmine drawing that game time.
* Off the schedule from ‘09 are Air Force, Binghamton, Bryant, Presbyterian and Yale. Maryland will face Bellarmine, Colgate and Fairfield (coached by former Terp assistant Andrew Copelan). It’ll be the first meeting with Colgate, and the second with both Bellarmine (2007) and Fairfield (2005).
* Maryland plays just one midweek (Monday-to-Thursday) game – against Penn in the final week of the season.