Some analysis below, but here’s Virginia’s 2010 lacrosse schedule:
Feb. 20: at Drexel, 12:30
Feb. 23: at Mount St. Mary’s, 3
Feb. 27: Stony Brook, 3
March 7: Syracuse, 1 (ESPNU)
March 9: VMI, 7
March 13: at Cornell, noon
March 16: Vermont, 7
March 21: at Towson, noon (ESPNU)
March 27: Johns Hopkins, noon (ESPN2)
April 3: at Maryland, 8 (ESPNU)
April 10: vs. North Carolina in East Rutherford, N.J., 4 (ESPNU)
April 17: Duke, 8:30 (ESPNU)
April 23: ACC semifinals in College Park, 5/7:30
April 25: ACC final in College Park, 3:30 (CSN)
May 1: Robert Morris, 1
And the promised analysis:
* Syracuse comes to Charlottesville for the first time since 2006. The 2007 and 2008 regular-season games in the series were played in Baltimore.
* Bryant and Dartmouth don’t return to the schedule from last year. Robert Morris is the only new team on the Cavaliers’ slate.
* Virginia will play six nationally televised games.
* The Cavaliers will play one game in the (for years, anyway) typical 1 p.m. slot on a Saturday.
* Virginia will face all three of last year’s other semifinalists (Cornell, Duke and Syracuse) as well as three other NCAA tournament teams (Johns Hopkins, Maryland and North Carolina)