There’s plenty of time to dissect the NCAA lacrosse tournament field.
But first the surprise: There will be an ACC rematch in the first round.
Maryland (10-4) will visit North Carolina (10-5) on Sunday in the first conference game in the first round since 2003, when Georgetown visited Rutgers.
Other notable developments:
* Virginia collected the No. 7 seed and will play host to Bucknell on Sunday. It is the lowest the Cavaliers have been seeded since they were a No. 8 seed in 2001. They also missed the tournament in 2004.
* Johns Hopkins will play the first game of the tournament, meeting Hofstra on Saturday in Baltimore. The Blue Jays are the No. 3 seed.
* Denver earned a home game as the No. 6 seed. Its date with Villanova is the first game in the tournament’s 40-year history to be played west of the Mississippi.
(1) Syracuse vs. Siena (Sunday, 7:30, ESPNU)
(8) North Carolina vs. Maryland (Sunday, 1, ESPN)
(4) Notre Dame vs. Penn (Saturday, 2:30, ESPNU)
(5) Duke vs. Delaware (Saturday, 5, ESPNU)
(3) Johns Hopkins vs. Hofstra (Saturday, Noon, ESPN2)
(6) Denver vs. Villanova (Sunday, 3:15, ESPNU)
(2) Cornell vs. Hartford (Saturday, 7:30, ESPNU)
(7) Virginia vs. Bucknell (Sunday, 3, ESPNU)