WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Five predictions for Maryland’s game at Wake Forest this afternoon at the former Groves Stadium …
1. Davin Meggett will move into eighth on Maryland’s career rushing list. The senior tailback needs 20 yards to jump past Louis Carter (1972-74) on the Terps’ all-time list. Carter had 2,266 yards in his career. Moving into the top eight would be impressive for a guy with only two 100-yard rushing days in his career
2. C.J. Brown will become Maryland’s single-season quarterback rushing leader. The sophomore will have a long leash with quarterback Danny O’Brien out for the rest of the season. Brown has 387 rushing yards this year and needs 62 yards to pass Mark Manges (448 yards in 1976) as the school record-holder.
3. Maryland will not score an offensive touchdown in the first quarter. The Terps have 40 points in the opening quarter in their first 10 games. The breakdown: One passing TD, three rushing TDs and four field goals. Look for the slow starts to continue.
4. Chris Givens will catch a touchdown. The Wake Forest wideout caught eight touchdowns in the Demon Deacons’ first seven games, but has been kept out of the end zone throughout Wake’s three-game skid. Look for that to change this afternoon.
5. Wake Forest will win. The Demon Deacons will lock up bowl eligibility and send Maryland to its seventh consecutive setback. It will be Wake’s third straight victory over Maryland in the Dash.