A few things to look for as Navy faces Texas State later today …
1. Gee Gee Greene will have another 100-yard day. The slotback has topped the plateau twice in three games, and had an 89-yard day just before that. Greene is already up to a career-high 679 yards, and he should have another decent outing today.
2. Marcus Curry will score a touchdown for Texas State. The former Navy slotback has rushed for nine scores in as many games this season for the Bobcats. Look for him to visit the end zone again in his return to Annapolis.
3. Keenan Reynolds will throw a touchdown pass. For the first time in five games as a starter, the plebe did not toss a touchdown. That should change against a defense allowing 283.6 yards per game through the air.
4. Navy will have a five-minute scoring drive for the seventh consecutive game. If the Mids can do it against teams that have seen them in the recent past (Central Michigan, East Carolina, Troy), they should be able to do so against a team in its first year at college football’s highest level.
5. Navy will clinch a winning season. It might not be a rout (it is only so much where the Mids are concerned), but Navy should bounce back from a shaky defensive effort to win its home finale.