Maryland quarterbacks Devin Burns and Caleb Rowe are listed as co-starters on this week’s depth chart.
That comes as little surprise. Former starter Perry Hills was lost for the season with a torn left anterior cruciate ligament during Saturday’s 20-18 loss to N.C. State and both Burns and Rowe played in relief of Hills.
Burns had taken three snaps at quarterback before Saturday’s game. Rowe’s four snaps at the end of Saturday’s game were the first of his career.
As for other depth chart tweaks …
* Maryland has finally listed an outright starter at tailback, and it’s Wes Brown. The Terps had listed a four-way logjam at the position in recent weeks. Instead, Justus Pickett, Albert Reid and Brandon Ross are all listed as co-backups.
* Linebacker Kenneth Tate is listed as an outright starter at strong-side linebacker ahead of Alex Twine. Tate started the last two games, and the pair were listed as co-starters for the last three games.
* Freshman Alvin Hill has returned to the depth chart after his 14-day suspension. He’s listed as a co-second string cornerback with Makinton Dorleant.
* Injury acknowledgment No. 1: Levern Jacobs is listed as Stefon Diggs‘ backup instead of Kerry Boykins, who has missed the last two games with hip and groin ailments.
* Injury acknowledgment No. 2: Bennett Fulper (turf toe) is no longer on the depth chart after missing Saturday’s game. Josh Cary is the starting left guard, with Peter White backing him up.
* Evan Mulrooney is listed ahead of Sal Conaboy, who sat out last week because of injury, at center.
* De’Onte Arnett is back atop the depth chart at right guard, reflecting his returning to the starting lineup Saturday. Andrew Zeller is his backup.
* Ryan Doyle (now at left tackle) and Nick Klemm (now at right tackle) have switched positions at which they serve as backups. Klemm played roughly one of every three possessions on Saturday.