Running down a handful of Maryland depth chart tweaks, most of which were already obvious thanks to injuries …
* A depth chart with guys wearing No. 31 (Shawn Petty) and No. 87 (Brian McMahon) as the top two options at quarterbacks … well, it looks kind of absurd. Then again, Maryland losing four quarterbacks to season-ending injury is absurd as well.
* The attrition at wide receiver is quieter, but injuries to Marcus Leak (broken toe) and Kerry Boykins (hip/groin) have left Maryland without two of its opening week starters.
That leaves these three combinations of starter/backup at each of the receiver spots:
Kevin Dorsey/Tyrek Cheeseboro
Stefon Diggs/Levern Jacobs
Nigel King/James Bowman
King and Jacobs made their first career starts Saturday. Cheeseboro has yet to catch a pass in his career. And Bowman, a junior walk-on, has yet to appear in a game for the Terps.
* The only change here was the return of freshman Quinton Jefferson as a backup at defensive end. He’s the co-No. 2 option with Justin Anderson (who has missed the last two games with injury) behind Joe Vellano.
* As expected, freshman walk-on Brendan Magistro is listed ahead of Brad Craddock at placekicker. Magistro is expected to handle all field goals inside of 35 to 40 yards, with Craddock taking longer attempts.
* Dexter McDougle is now Stefon Diggs‘ backup at punt returner after Leak’s season-ending injury.