A half-dozen depth chart items of note as Maryland heads into its third game …
1. Safety Matt Robinson is back on the depth chart at safety, nudging freshman Sean Davis to second string and senior Clarence Claiborne off the depth chart altogether. This comes as no surprise; coach Randy Edsall said last week he expected Robinson to return from a shoulder injury in time for Saturday’s date with Connecticut.
2. In keeping with the visual evidence from Saturday, Keith Bowers is listed as a backup defensive end, replacing Justin Anderson. No surprise here.
3. Same theme: Freshman Wes Brown is listed as a co-backup tailback with Albert Reid. Brown didn’t have a carry in the opener; Reid didn’t touch the ball in Saturday’s victory at Temple.
4. Junior Josh Cary returned to the depth chart just as Edsall said he would Sunday, taking the place of freshman Nick Brigham as the No. 2 left guard behind Bennett Fulper. Redshirt freshman Andrew Zeller remains the second option behind De’Onte Arnett on the right side.
5. Tyler Cierski, who left Saturday’s game with an undisclosed injury, is still atop the depth chart at fullback. Not sure that really means much at this stage; Cierski’s status for this week won’t get clarified until at least Thursday.
6. A few changes among the backup cornerbacks. Isaac Goins returns from an illness to take Alvin Hill’s place behind Jeremiah Johnson, while Hill slides over to the other corner and takes Makinton Dorleant’s place as Dexter McDougle’s backup.