- 1. The fact that Karl Rove associates with Republicans is not evidence of a conspiracy. Partisan politics works that way. Republicans know, work with, and assist fellow Republicans, and the same is true of Democrats. Rove is, and has been for many years, one of the top campaign operatives in the GOP. The disclosure that Rove had dealings with Alabama Republicans is, therefore, not news. \
- 2. Whatever the extent of cooperation among Republicans involved in Siegelman’s conviction, does that in any way exculpate Siegelman for his corruption? Siegelman wasn’t convicted by Karl Rove, but by a federal jury. This is kind of like Hillary Clinton claiming that her husband’s misfortunes were the result of a “vast right-wing conspiracy” — as if President Clinton was not responsible for his Oval Office dalliances and subsequent perjury. \
- 3. The great thing about accusations of conspiracy is the implicit (and impossible) requirement that critics of the conspiracy theory prove a negative. It’s like the JFK assassination — no matter how many times it is pointed out that Lee Harvey Oswald was an avowed Marxist and Castro supporter, a Marine-trained marksman who fired three shots from the Texas School Book Depository, conspiracy theorists always answer, “Yes, but what about ….?”
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
A vast Rove conspiracy?
good conspiracy storyRaw Storynow serving a seven-year federal sentenceKarl RovePresident Bush appointed a to the 11th Circuit Court of AppealsMemeorandum
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'