Q: About two Saturdays ago, for two hours and five minutes, you were technically acting president of the United States when Mr. Bush invoked the 25th amendment. So that certainly made you part of the executive branch.\ \ \ THE VICE PRESIDENT: Correct.\ \ \ Q: Did you take any presidential actions during that time?\ \ \ THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I basically wrote a letter to my grandkids.\ \ \ Q: As acting president?\ \ \ THE VICE PRESIDENT: As acting President.\ \ \ Q: What did you say in that letter?\ \ \ THE VICE PRESIDENT: A souvenir for them to have down the road some day.\ \ \ Q: Were you tempted to take any actions during that period?\ \ \ THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I was not.— Jon Ward, White House correspondent, The Washington Times
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Cheney's presidential act? Letter to grandkids
About the Author
blog comments powered by Disqus
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'