More than 50,000 people gathered here for the nation’s largest Christian music event, as the four-day Creation Festival began yesterday with performances by recording artists including Switchfoot.\ \ \ The festival will feature more than 70 groups performing on two stages before concluding Saturday night with the Newsboys, an Australia-based Christian pop band. …\ \ \ Tens of thousands camp out all four days of the festival at Agape Farm here in southwestern Pennsylvania, many arriving Tuesday night in campers and RVs, with thousands more pitching tents on a site that sprawls over 600 acres. …\ \ \ In addition to the Christian rock groups, amplified by a 160,000-watt sound system on the main stage, festivalgoers will hear messages from 20 evangelists and other speakers, including Joshua Harris, senior pastor of Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg.— Robert Stacy McCain, assistant national editor, The Washington Times
- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LIVE from Creation '07
blog comments powered by Disqus
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree