- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Today's top story in the newsroom is rising gas prices, which have now hit $126 a barrel. \ \ \ A...
Our top story looks at memos detailing Sen. Hillary Clinton's involvement in the Whitewater scand...
The top story today is the aftermath of yesterday's presidential primaries. Democratic candidate...
North Carolina state senator Kay Hagan defeated her four Democratic rivals to secure her party's nod during today's primary elections.
Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Chairman Edward Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, applauded news that Robert Battista, President Bush's pick for chairman of the National Labor Relations Board, was withdrawing his name for consideration by the Senate.
A House Judiciary subcommittee today approved a subpoena for David Addington, chief of staff for Vice President Dick Cheney, calling for the aide to testify during a hearing on the Bush administration's rules for interrogation techniques.
The top story we're following today is the primaries in Indiana and North Carolina. Democratic pr...
Freshly elected Don Cazayoux, a Louisiana Democrat, will be sworn into his House seat tomorrow af...
Rep. Rham Emanuel, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, today one-upped the competition for C...
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, today said she was concerned about the Burma gov...
House Minority Leader John Boehner, Ohio Republican, and Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican, rank...
Our top story looks at how President Bush has asked Congress to authorize $770 million to fight g...
Rep. Vito Fosella, New York Republican, was arrested last night for driving while intoxicating, according to the Staten Island Advance.
House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers, Michigan Democrat, threatened to subpoena Karl Rove, former deputy chief of staff for President Bush, if he continues to refuse to testify before Conyers' committee about the firing of former U.S. attorneys.
Our top story looks at how North Korea has offered to give the United States volumes of informati...
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- JACOBS: Prepare for a fight on driverless vehicles
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight