- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
The hottest ticket in town is continuing to be a cause of concern for area lawmakers.
The Virginia State Board of Elections says polling places are experiencing "no widespread problems" but minor issues have occurred in some areas of the state.
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gilmore has suspended his communications director for sending a "misleading e-mail" to the campaign of his Virginia competitor, Mark Warner.
Virginia Sen. Jim Webb has been named one of the "75 Most Influential People of the 21st Century" by Esquire magazine.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee this morning extolled the virtues of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and lobbed a few potshots in the direction of the Democratic presidential ticket.
The 18-year-old boyfriend of Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin's pregnant teenage daughter is joining the Palin family at the GOP convention here in St. Paul.
Alaskans at the Republican National Convention are taking a cause from their backyard straight to the convention center floor.
Political activities here at the Republican National Convention are officially kicking off, but one of two former governors from the Chesapeake region is absent.
A spokeswoman for the Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War said her group's efforts may in fact benefit from the convention's lighter Monday schedule.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities