- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
The hottest ticket in town is continuing to be a cause of concern for area lawmakers.
The Virginia State Board of Elections says polling places are experiencing "no widespread problems" but minor issues have occurred in some areas of the state.
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gilmore has suspended his communications director for sending a "misleading e-mail" to the campaign of his Virginia competitor, Mark Warner.
Virginia Sen. Jim Webb has been named one of the "75 Most Influential People of the 21st Century" by Esquire magazine.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee this morning extolled the virtues of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and lobbed a few potshots in the direction of the Democratic presidential ticket.
The 18-year-old boyfriend of Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin's pregnant teenage daughter is joining the Palin family at the GOP convention here in St. Paul.
Alaskans at the Republican National Convention are taking a cause from their backyard straight to the convention center floor.
Political activities here at the Republican National Convention are officially kicking off, but one of two former governors from the Chesapeake region is absent.
A spokeswoman for the Coalition to March on the RNC and Stop the War said her group's efforts may in fact benefit from the convention's lighter Monday schedule.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Broncos-Chargers game ends with several stabbings
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- American missing in Iran was CIA operative who went rogue
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress