- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Guns Archive: November 2011
In all my struggles so far with the red tape the District requires before I can get my hands on a legal gun, the safety class requirement was the most time-consuming, expensive and difficult to fulfill. How can it be constitutional for D.C. residents to be forced to go to another state to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms? Published November 17 2011
It took weeks of research and dozens of phone calls to finally find a suitable place to take the required gun safety class to register a handgun in the nation's capital. Thanks to a referral from Atlantic guns, I found Donna Worthy -- even though she's not on the list of certified instructors given out by Metropolitan Police Department. Published November 14 2011
To legally own a gun in the nation’s capital, you have to take a gun safety class from a D.C.-certified instructor. This requirement has become my biggest source of frustration in getting a legal handgun because the city makes finding a class so difficult. Published November 7 2011
GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich believes that the Washington, D.C. city government is ignoring the 2008 Supreme Court decision that recognized the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution applies in Washington. Published November 4 2011
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response