- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Guns Archive: February 2013
Emily Miller, The Washington Times' senior opinion editor, was on "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on the Fox Business channel from New York on Feb. 27. Mr. Dobbs asked the n the "political A-team" panel about President Obama's handling of the sequester and budget cuts. Published February 28 2013
ABC News edited out First Lady Michelle Obama saying that a Chicago teenager was killed with an “automatic weapon.” Hadiya Pendleton was allegedly shot by a gang member on probation for a weapons charge with a handgun, not a rifle, which would be semi-automatic (unless it was a revolver.) Published February 26 2013
Blaze TV's Andrew Wilkow interviewed Emily Miller about the most extreme current gun-control efforts. Topics included the Washington state bill that would allow warrantless searches and seizures for guns; Missouri bill permitting confiscation of guns; and Mexico demands that border states turn over the names of all American gun owners. Published February 23 2013
C-SPAN's Peter Slen interviewed Emily Miller for the special "Gun Ownership in America." Topics included her series about getting a legal handgun in Washington, D.C. and recent gun-control efforts by the Obama administration. She also responded to viewers questions by phone and Twitter on the "Washington Journal" show, which was live from Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, Va. Published February 21 2013
The District of Columbia seems to not want the public to know what it did -- if anything -- while investigating NBC News’ David Gregory for possession of an illegal 30-round magazine. The police refuse to turn over the public documents in the case, and the city council is allowing them to stonewall. Published February 21 2013
Emily Miller, senior editor of opinion for the The Washington Times, was on the political A-team panel on "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on the Fox Business Network on Feb. 15. Mr. Dobbs asked about President Obama's trip to Chicago to call for a vote in Congress for more gun-control laws and about Rahm Emanuel possibly running for president in 2016. Published February 16 2013
Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley is using his executive power to get the personal emails of citizens with hunting licenses. The second-term Democrat is using the information in an attempt to divide gun owners to build support for his extremist legislation to abridge Second Amendment rights. Published February 12 2013
The White House quietly posted a photo of President Obama shooting a shotgun late Friday on its Flickr account, with little information to explain it. Now we may have some answers. Published February 8 2013
Former Army Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad was jailed in LeRay, Ny. earlier this year for possessing five 30-round magazines, which are perfectly legal nearly everywhere else in the country. New York passed a law in 1994 prohibiting magazines over 10 rounds. For this, the veteran of the war in Iraq, who devotes his free time to supporting other veterans, was charged with five felonies and faces a maximum of seven years in state prison. If he is convicted of even one felony, he will lose his Second Amendment right for life. Published February 6 2013
Fox News' Shannon Bream interviewed Emily Miller on "America Live" about President Obama'a national tour to pressure Congress to pass gun-control laws. Published February 5 2013
Major print media outlets have been incorrectly writing that a photo of President Obama shows him firing a "rifle" instead of a shotgun. Published February 3 2013
The White House released Saturday a photo of President Obama shooting a shotgun at Camp David, Md. on Aug. 4, 2012. The CEO of Browning, Travis Hall, told The Washington Times in an email that, "I am fairly sure it is a Browning Citori. Cannot tell the model from the pic but a sporting clays version." Published February 2 2013
Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was arrested earlier this month in New York for possessing five unloaded 30-round magazines. Mr. Hadad, who has been recognized by the military for his selfless acts of generosity to fellow soldiers, was charged with five felony counts of possession of “high-capacity” magazines. Published February 1 2013
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers