“All eyes have been on New York for the past month and public safety advocates lifted up Governor Spitzer’s policy as a national example to be replicated throughout the nation. We have praised his courage in standing up for the public good in the face of demagoguery. But today, he has let his good name be used to give cover to a policy rejected by nearly two dozen states across the country, that tramples on Americans’ civil rights and liberties and is fraught with implementation problems. The Governor has given new life to a sinking ship that deserved to be sunk.\ \ \ “His move is also a lose-lose political decision that betrays his most ardent supporters and emboldens the anti-immigrant opposition.”— Stephen Dinan, national political reporter, The Washington Times
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
The Wisdom of Spitzer
New York Gov. Eliot SpitzerReal ID standards for most New York driver’s licenses, while still allowing some illegal aliens to get other types of driver’s licenses
About the Author
Latest Blog Entries
blog comments powered by Disqus
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'