* Bruce Boudreau said the Michael Nylander-to-the-wing experiment is just that, and it may not last more than a shift or two tonight. Nylander said he “needs to shoot the puck more” which has been obvious but it sounded like that was a message from the coaching staff.
* Mike Green said “some days it feels good and some days it doesn’t” after the skate. He is pretty frustrated with his shoulder, but he didn’t rule out Saturday (though that would seem very optimistic after today).
* Tom Poti also didn’t seem encouraged with his groin injury. He mentioned Daniel Briere coming back too early from a groin injury and now being out for at least a month as a tale of caution. He did skate with the team for the first time, but he didn’t do a lot either.
* Boudreau on Alexander Semin: “He looks closer, but he’s looked closer for a couple of weeks now, so I don’t know.”
* Sergei Fedorov was not out on the ice with his teammates, and Boudreau said he was taking a “maintenance day” for his injured ankle. Obviously, he would probably need to practice tomorrow if he were going to play this weekend.