Jay Beagle is returning to Hershey today. He was packing up his stuff in the dressing room and lamenting the return of bus rides to New England after a weekend flying around sunny Florida. He should be happy with the first impression he made in the two games he played, and it won’t be a surprise to see him back again sometime soon.
Here’s a few others tidbits from today:
* Viktor Kozlov will not play tomorrow night. Bruce Boudreau said the groin injury isn’t more serious than previously believed, but he’s just not ready yet.
* Boudreau said Karl Alzner wasn’t going to be in the lineup tomorrow night, and he could be back on Friday.
* Michal Neuvirth took an Alex Ovechkin shot off the wrist on his glove hand near the end of practice, and it looked like it sting him pretty good.
* Boudreau’s take on a forthcoming Slapshot remake was positive and he said he looks forward to seeing it.
“I just wonder who they’re going to get to play me,” he joked.
* The coach also said he is looking forward to having some continuity with the forward lines. His top two grous (Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin and Fleischmann-Fedorov-Fehr) will likely remain the same for a fourth straight game, which might be new standard for this season.