Have to be brief because I have a meeting to attend (any meeting involving the 2010 Olympics is a good one), but here’s the rundown from K-Plex today:
* GM George McPhee said Alexander Semin had an MRI on his right wrist, but it is only sore. He didn’t know how long he would be out, but missing this weekend’s games are a possibility. McPhee also said Semin is only being bothered by his right wrist now, which he was protecting with a black wrap today (check out @cmasisak22 on twitter for the photo evidence).
* McPhee said Jose Theodore could also miss the weekend games. Theodore left the team yesterday to attend to a personal matter, but he did practice today.
* Michal Neuvirth stuck around for practice, and McPhee said he could play one of the games this weekend (Caps have back-to-backs).
* McPhee said Quintin Laing had metal plates put into his broken jaw during surgery last night. He thinks Laing could be out 4-6 weeks.
* Milan Jurcina skated before practice today. Bruce Boudreau said he’s better than last week, but not ready yet.
* Boyd Gordon did not practice. No timetable for his return, but both McPhee and Boudreau mentioned Eric Fehr during their disucssion of his mysterious back injury. That can’t be a good thing.