OK, here’s a few tidbits from after practice today:
* Bruce Boudreau said Tom Poti and Boyd Gordon were given the day off. Boudreau mentioned Gordon’s back (which has been an issue in the past) and Poti’s boost in ice time last night (Poti was also very sick after the game). John Erskine is still day-to-day (he was on the ice before practice).
* Tomas Fleischmann said he went to the doctor to see about being cleared for practice, but said doctor needs to consult a specialist to decide when/how Fleischmann will be cleared. Fleischmann thinks it will be soon.
* Boudreau said Brian Pother didn’t play after the Devils’ second goal because he “wasn’t playing very well.” Then he said Pothier might have played in overtime but the penalty messed up the pairings and prevented it.
Pothier, understandably, wasn’t in the best of moods after practice.
* Tried to talk to Michael Nylander today, but he declined. He and Boudreau had a lengthy conversation after practice, and the coach said it was about “life” and not about his role on the team or playing time.
* Boudreau said he’s still trying to find a good fit for everybody on the top two lines, hence the shuffling again today. Brooks Laich pointed out that he, Backstrom and Semin worked well together in the playoffs two seasons ago.