Here’s a few quick updates from practice today:
* Jose Theodore did not practice today. Bruce Boudreau said Theodore was the only guy who didn’t get a day off this weekend because he wanted to have him practice every day until he played.
* Semyon Varlamov will start tomorrow against the Blackhawks.
* Alexander Semin left practice early after colliding with Jay Beagle, but he told the Russian journalists (both Dmitry and Slava were here today) that he was OK. Boudreau said he “doesn’t think it is an injury, just a tweak.”
* Chris Bourque didn’t practice. Boudreau said he wouldn’t call it a concussion, and he is day-to-day. So we’ll call it a minor head injury, which sounds like an oxymoron.
* Eric Fehr said he hasn’t made a visit to the doctor to be tested and cleared for contact yet. He hopes for sometime this week, but Boudreau said it probably doesn’t matter when he gets cleared — he doesn’t expect Fehr to ready for the start of the regular season.
* A couple of Nationals, Ross Detwiler and Pete Orr, were here to watch practice and meet some of the guys. Fehr said he’s been to a bunch of Nats games and knows the clubhouse guys, who told him there were some Nats who wanted to come check out practice.
* Talked to Brendan Morrison and Mike Knuble today for a story in the paper about some logistical stuff that comes with a moving to a new team. Chris Clark called both of them the day they signed to help out, which sounds like a very captain-y thing to do.