- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Only at The Washington Times: Reporters discuss the latest news on the 2009 Presidential Inauguration and President Obama.
Miss Savannah plans to spend this frigid day in her snug apartment, surrounded by friends and watching the inaugural festivities on television.
The Hollywood stars are out.
Ten Army trucks hauling what looked like small howitzers drew the attention of hundreds walking up Pennsylvania Avenue east of the Capitol, as did a passing truck emblazoned with the words "Mass Casualty Unit." Soldiers in fatigues, some carrying automatic weapons, stood guard all along the roads leading to the spot where President-elect Barack Obama will be sworn in at noon.
Academy Award winner spotted on way to inauguration.
The license plates on President-elect Obama's limo were changed overnight.
The streets around the White House were heavily barricaded with Humvees blocking those that were for official access and two Metro buses parked in front of north-south routes that are totally closed to all access.
Incoming White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday morning that President-elect Barack Obama will call today for an "era of responsibility" after he is sworn in to the presidency.
UPDATED: At 6:15 a.m., Red Line Metro trains heading from Silver Spring are already packed as they get close to downtown.
The Huffington Post party is a hot ticket.
Inaugural committee touts its live Web stream in new email.
Hollywood invaded Cafe Milano on Monday night, where The Washington Times caught up with some of the famous faces experiencing their first inauguration in person.
Vice President Cheney will attend Tuesday's inauguration ceremony in a wheelchair, after pulling a muscle in his back on Monday while moving boxes.
Obama transition staff who are headed to the White House tomorrow have created special e-mail addresses using Google's free Gmail accounts to work around the fact that their transition e-mails will go dark at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
It's Gaffe No. 1 for Vice-President-elect Joe Biden and his wife Jill.
In Philadelphia on Saturday, Barack Obama told the crowd, "I will not be traveling alone ... I will be taking you with me." For one teenager from Trinidad and Tobago, it was - literally - an invitation.
Inauguration Blog Archives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case