The Washington Times - March 6, 2013, 01:08PM

A day after the White House said it was shutting down public tours in response to budget sequesters, House Speaker John A. Boehner wrote a letter to his constituents Wednesday telling them that the U.S. Capitol will keep its doors open.

“While I’m disappointed the White House has chosen to comply with sequestration by cutting public tours, I’m pleased to assure you that public tours of the United States Capitol will continue,” he said in his letter.


SEE RELATED: Gohmert tells Obama: No White House tours? Then no golf trips


He said congressional officials had been planning for some time for how to adapt to the spending cuts, which are forcing budgets to be slashed across government, and said they made arrangements to keep the building open to the public.

But not all operations will continue apace. Some building entrances open only to credentialed employees will be shut to accommodate police guard furloughs.

Capitol tours can be scheduled at VisitTheCapitol.gov.