- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float as Hawaii health director killed in crash
The Washington Times' political blog.
In a conciliatory note, Speaker John A. Boehner has invited President Obama to give the annual State of the Union address on Jan. 28 to a joint session of Congress.
President Obama's director of legislative affairs and a veteran of the administration's liaison team to Capitol Hill is stepping down, the White House announced Friday.
Sen. Marco Rubio went to the airwaves once again Friday to ding the bipartisan budget deal that passed the GOP-controlled House, saying that the compromise does not take the country in the right direction.
The House passed a one-month extension to the farm bill by voice vote on Thursday, something the Senate has already said it will not support.
The leader of Tea Party Patriots announced Thursday that she opposes the bipartisan budget deal making its way through Congress, warning that lawmakers have proven that they can not be trusted to spend more now in exchange for future deficit reduction.
GOP House Speaker John Boehner apparently isn't finished telling conservative critics of the new budget compromise what he thinks of their opinion.
Bob Barker, the former host of "The Price is Right," is lending his star power to Republican David Jolly, who is running for Congress in a special election in Florida.
Sen. Cory Booker, New Jersey Democrat, says he won't run for president in 2016.
by | Published December 12, 2013 Comments
Rep. Kurt Schrader, an Oregon Democrat who is a member of the House Budget Committee, said Thursday he doesn't think unemployment benefits set to expire for approximately 1.3 million Americans later this month will be extended, either this month or next.
Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, had a pretty direct request for GOP Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida Thursday after being presented with Mr. Rubio's criticism that the budget deal Mr. Ryan helped broker is going to make it harder for Americans to achieve the American Dream.
An aide to President Obama said Wednesday that the White House had no security concerns about a phony sign-language interpreter who stood next to the president as he eulogized Nelson Mandela.
Sen. Lamar Alexander said Wednesday that he was "stunned" to learn that law enforcement officials had searched the home of his chief of staff over allegations of child pornography.
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii Democrat, sent a letter to House budget leaders Tuesday asking her state to be exempted from a Transportation Security Administration fee hike in the budget proposal.
Sen. Rand Paul added his name to the list of lawmakers opposing the bipartisan budget deal carved out between House and Senate negotiators, saying it is "shameful" to restore previously agreed to spending cuts in exchange for promises of future deficit reduction.
Sen. Bill Nelson downplayed President Obama's handshake with Cuban President Raul Castro, saying that all the hoopla over the greeting has been overblown and that it was not a big deal, given that it happened at a memorial service for Nelson Mandela.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Inside Politics Archives
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- Obama birther theories float as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- North Korea's official report on Jang Song Thaek
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- James Bond: The spy who is really an alcoholic
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'