- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
The Washington Times' political blog.
President Obama will use a naturalization ceremony Monday to prod Congress to introduce an immigration reform bill as soon as possible, a White House official said.
New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who recently announced a $12 million, 13-state advertising blitz to push U.S. senators on gun legislation, says that he has "a responsibility" to try to make the country safer.
On the day before Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed three tough gun-control measures into law, Tom Clements, the chief of the Colorado prison system, was shot to death, and it was later discovered that Mr. Hickenlooper was good friends with the father of a suspect.
President Obama ended his 24-hour trip to Jordan with a leisurely tour of Petra, a visually stunning ancient city made of stone-cut red rock that was inhabited by the Nabataeans more than 2000 years ago.
The Senate approved a budget amendment on Friday to eliminate a provision in President Obama's health care law that shifts money from some states to places like Massachusetts because of a quirk in how Medicare reimbursements are calculated.
President Obama Friday withdrew the nomination of Caitlin Halligan, two weeks after Senate Republicans used a filibuster to block her from becoming a federal appeals court judge.
President Obama arrived in Amman, Jordan, Friday evening where he was greeted by King Abdullah II and his son, Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah.
In a phone call arranged with help from President Obama, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu apologized to Turkey Friday for the deaths of its citizens during a 2010 raid on a Gaza flotilla.
A violent sandstorm that kicked up in Jerusalem on the last day of Mr. Obama's trip grounded President Obama's helicopter Friday, making it unsafe for Mr. Obama to fly to Palestinian-controlled Bethlehem.
A coalition of Republican senators, including rising stars such as Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida, have joined forces to push a school voucher bill that's sure to draw fierce opposition from the White House and congressional Democrats.
The top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee blames the budget impasse on a "radicalized" Republican Party that refuses to compromise.
A top Senate Democrat on Thursday joined Republican Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham in pressuring the Obama administration to get the United States more aggressively and deeply involved in Syria's civil war.
Israeli President Shimon Peres gave President Obama Israel's highest civilian award, the Medal of Distinction, during a ceremonial dinner held in Mr. Obama's honor Thursday evening at the Israeli president's residence.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has formally lambasted the contraception mandate in President Obama's health care law as a violation of American freedoms that employs a "religious gerrymander" to avoid the objections of faith-based nonprofits and business owners.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden added to his long list of verbal flubs Thursday when he said former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had been "shot and mortally wounded."
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF