- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
The Washington Times' political blog.
With the federal government poised to face billions of dollars in cuts, a key senator is calling on the White House to halt an administration effort to highlight more government spending.
President Obama sent additional U.S. military personnel to Niger earlier this week, bringing the total number of U.S. servicemen sent there to 100.
Three-fourth of U.S. Catholics have a favorable impression of Pope Benedict XVI and a bare majority believe the next pope should "maintain traditional directions," according to a new survey released Thursday.
One day after Vice President Joseph R. Biden exhorted Americans to "buy a shotgun" if they want protection from intruders, he delivered a heartfelt testament to 18 police officers and firefighters receiving the Medal of Valor for showing tremendous courage under fire.
Chuck Hagel's unfavorability ratings jumped in a new poll released Wednesday, even though President Obama's nominee for defense secretary seems likely to be confirmed by the Senate next week.
The White House is standing by Vice President Joseph R. Biden's decision to talk bluntly about his affinity for old-school shotguns — despite a storm of criticism from the left that the pump-action pitch undermined the White House push for gun-control measures.
President Obama is bypassing the national media and will sit down with local television journalists Wednesday to press his case for Congress to avoid deep spending cuts set to kick in a week from Friday.
President Obama's spokesman Jay Carney defended the decision to shut out the press to Mr. Obama's golf weekend with Tiger Woods in Florida, though he said that he is "sympathetic" to the frustrations of covering the White House.
The owner of a Virginia Beach pizza shop is giving a 15 percent discount to people who carry a gun or bring a concealed-handgun permit into his store.
The chairmen of President Obama's now defunct bipartisan debt commission floated another proposal Tuesday that aims to split the differences between the hardline deficit reduction stances Democrats and Republican have taken on Capitol Hill.
Another male politician has waded into trouble with comments about rape, and this time he's a Democrat. Conservatives pounced on comments made by Colorado state Rep. Joe Salazar during a floor debate Friday night on a bill to ban concealed-carry permit holders from bringing guns on public university campuses.
Undeterred by complaints from the White House press corps about a lack of access, President Obama is spending President's Day playing his third straight day of golf during a secluded guy's weekend at an exclusive golf compound in Florida.
The campaign arm of the House GOP rolled out its first television ad of the 2014 campaign cycle on Monday, blasting a New Hampshire Democrat for opposing a measure that puts the pay of lawmakers on ice until they pass a federal budget — at least through the end of the current session of Congress.
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, will return to the political stage to address the 40th annual Conservative Political Action Conference next month in Maryland.
A feud erupted Sunday between journalists and the White House over the lack of access to President Obama's secluded golf weekend in Florida.
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Afghan who killed three U.S. Marines in 2012 to serve over 7-year prison sentence
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title