- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
The Washington Times' political blog.
With respect to approving the Keystone XL pipeline, President Obama officially has been put on the clock.
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama said they were sending "our appreciation and prayers to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI" Monday after the 85-year-old Roman Catholic pontiff unexpectedly announced his retirement because of failing health.
Senate Democrats will press ahead with Chuck Hagel's nomination to be the next defense secretary — and they have the support of Sen. John McCain, a senior Republican who says the Armed Services Committee has properly vetted the nomination.
The political action committee founded by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, released its first television ad Monday — one day before President Obama's State of the Union address, in which he is expected to address gun control in the wake of the Connecticut school shootings in December.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan will make his third appearance in the NBA's All-Star Celebrity Game on Friday night, taking the court alongside former athletes and Hollywood stars.
Sen. Rand Paul thinks actress Ashley Judd might be better qualified to run for a seat in England's Parliament than the U.S. Congress.
Sen. John McCain on Sunday against blasted President Obama and his national security team for not intervening in the ongoing Syrian civil war.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor earlier this week said Virginia's background check system could potentially serve as a national model — and the state's two Democratic Senators agree with him.
Sen. Rand Paul will deliver what's being billed as the official tea party response to President Obama's State of the Union address on Tuesday, the Tea Party Express announced Friday afternoon — putting yet another top 2016 GOP presidential contender head-to-head with Mr. Obama.
Six educators who were slain in the Sandy Hook school massacre will be honored posthumously by President Obama next week in a ceremony at the White House.
by | Published February 7, 2013 Comments
Democrat William "Mo" Cowan was sworn into the Senate shortly after noon on Thursday, filling the seat that former Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry vacated to become secretary of state.
House Republicans now are citing yet another reason President Obama should approve the massive Canada-to-Texas Keystone XL pipeline project: national security.
Democrats said Wednesday they'll delay votes on Chuck Hagel's nomination to be secretary of defense after Republicans said they aren't getting the information they need to make a judgment.
Seeking to counter President Obama's speaking skills with a great orator of their own, Republicans have tapped Sen. Marco Rubio to deliver the official GOP response to Mr. Obama's State of the Union address next week — in both English and Spanish.
The director of a major gun-control advocacy group co-chaired by New York City Mayor Michael I. Bloomberg said Wednesday that securing background checks for all gun sales is their top priority, saying that it's the biggest problem "and also the thing that we can probably do."
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Norfolk parade float critical of Obama
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- NASCAR TV contract back to NBC in 2015, leaving ESPN, Turner Sports