- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
The Washington Times' political blog.
As their governor weighs whether to allow fracking, New Yorkers are evenly split on whether the controversial drilling practice should be allowed in their state.
In a case of the mighty having fallen, the campaign of Democratic Rep. Charlie Rangel, the dean of the New York Congressional delegation and a man who was for decades untouchable in his Harlem district, is $35,000 in debt but has only $5,000 in the bank and has received handouts from other House members.
The Obama administration's push for higher auto fuel efficiency standards was as important a scientific step as the discovery that nicotine is addictive and that cigarettes cause cancer, a top administration official said.
Chuck Hagel assured the Senate on Thursday that military chaplains will not be forced to conduct same-sex marriages they disagree with — though the defense secretary nominee said same-sex couples will have access to chapels.
After last week's court decision holding that President Obama abused his recess appointment powers, Republican senators introduced a bill Thursday to enforce the ruling by stripping two boards of their ability to do business.
Sen. John F. Kerry took his leave of Congress on Wednesday disputing those who have fled the Senate as broken, saying the chamber isn't the problem — it's his fellow colleagues and their decisions that threaten its greatness.
President Obama has no plans to attend the funeral for a 15-year-old Chicago girl who was shot to death a week after marching in the president's inaugural parade.
A Texas lawmaker has introduced legislation that would provide state-level tax breaks to companies that flout a provision in President Obama's health care law that requires employers to cover contraception.
Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was gravely wounded in a shooting at a constituent event in Tucson, Ariz., in January 2011 is expected to make a surprise appearance and testify at Wednesday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence, according to multiple reports.
The Miami Herald is reporting that the FBI on Tuesday night raided the office of a doctor whom news reports have linked with embattled Sen. Robert Menendez, the man poised to take over as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
A pair of powerful Republicans in the House sent yet another letter to the Treasury Department — their fourth so far — demanding documents related to the Obama administration's decision to extend tax subsidies to people who will enroll in federally run exchanges as part of the president's signature health care law.
Sen. Ted Cruz, an outspoken freshman from Texas, announced Tuesday he has joined the ranks of lawmakers who are still seeking a legislative repeal of President Obama's health-care law in the new Congress.
The House Judiciary Committee will hold its first immigration hearing on Feb. 5, as congressional Republicans begin to grapple with the hot-potato political issue.
Unhappy with the list of witnesses scheduled to testify at Wednesday's gun violence Senate hearing, Sen. Dianne Feinstein says she plans to hold a separate hearing with witnesses more inclined to back gun control.
President Obama on Tuesday directed the U.S. to spend an additional $155 million to aid Syrian refugees fleeing the civil war in that country.
By Steve King
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes