- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
The Washington Times' political blog.
A Colorado Senate committee defeated a bill Monday that would have allowed teachers to carry concealed weapons to school even as hundreds of K-12 educators packed a free firearms-training class.
Lashing out at the bipartisan immigration framework that lawmakers floated Monday on Capitol Hill, the leader of Tea Party Nation said that Republicans are committing "political suicide" and "paying Democrats for the privilege of killing themselves."
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a bill Monday to raise the state's minimum wage by $1.25 per hour, countering with scaled-back plan to phase in a $1 increase over the next three years.
The right-leaning Heritage Foundation released a new congressional scorecard Monday that showed that the group's newly-recruited boss shared the top spot in the last Congress when it came to sticking to basic conservative principles.
The immigration overhaul framework top senators released Monday relies heavily on more drones to patrol the border with Mexico as a key way to control the flow of illegal immigrants.
Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue tops a new poll asking Peach State voters whom they want to replace retiring Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss
A freshman Republican congressman said Monday he will reject both the House health plan and his lawmaker's pension, saying he came to Washington to get work done, not to take taxpayers' money.
President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden met with police chiefs and sheriffs from around the country to talk about gun violence Monday.
Rep. Paul Ryan thinks President Obama could learn a thing or two from one of his predecessors in the White House, Bill Clinton.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who has emerged as the leading proponent in Congress of tough new gun regulations in the wake of last month's Newtown, Conn., school shootings, defended her proposed assault weapons ban on Sunday.
Sporting his new hat as the head of the Heritage Foundation, former Sen. Jim DeMint said Saturday that conservatives should not rely on the GOP establishment to deliver the movement's message. He said it is time to take matters into their own hands.
CBS is touting some of the highlights of this Sunday night's "60 Minutes" interview with President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a rare side-by-side sit-down with the two former rivals.
Despite taking their lumps in the November election, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Saturday that Republicans should be "optimistic" about the future because the conservative movement is thriving on the state level.
Echoing other Republicans who in recent days have hammered the Democrat-led Senate for its failure to approve a budget, Sen. John Thune said Saturday a spending blueprint is the key to bringing the growth of the federal government under control.
Wayne LaPierre, vice president and CEO of the National Rifle Association, is scheduled to appear as a witness before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday, Sen. Patrick Leahy announced.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Inside Politics Archives
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups